This product is discontinued. Please purchase the upgraded version ResMed S9 VPAP Adapt.
VPAP™ Adapt SV is an adaptive servo-ventilator designed specifically to treat central sleep apnea (CSA) in all its forms, including complex and mixed sleep apnea.
Unlike conventional sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) therapies such as continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP), adaptive servo-ventilation:
- treats complex sleep apnea syndrome and central sleep apnea
- normalizes breathing, completely suppressing CSA and/or Cheyne-Stokes respiration (CSR)
- improves sleep architecture (the amount of time the patient spends in slow-wave and REM sleep increases).
Peer-reviewed literature shows that adaptive servo-ventilation:
- enhances quality of life for patients with CSA.
Support when it's needed
The adaptive servo-ventilation algorithm:
- adapts to the patient's ventilatory needs on a breath-by-breath basis
- automatically calculates a target ventilation (90% of the patient's recent average ventilation)
- adjusts the pressure support to achieve it.
Maximizing patient comfort and compliance
- ensures pressure support is synchronized to the patient's own recent breathing rate and flow pattern
- provides a constant, low level of pressure support.
Note:Rx Required for this product.
©ResMed 2014 Used with Permission.
No Refunds, Returns or Exchanges on Open Products Except for Warranty/RMA process or Mask Assurance.